Orsk oil refinery named after V. P. Chkalov (located in the East of the Orenburg region, on the border with Northern Kazakhstan). Orsk oil refinery is a subsidiary of Forteinevst
Orsk oil refinery is the only one in the Orenburg Region with a design capacity of 6 million tons of oil per year.
Orsk oil refinery produces and ships more than 30 types of in-demand products for domestic and foreign markets.
Orsk refinery produces automobile gasoline, diesel fuel, and Jet fuel - Eco Class 5, by the highest European and Russian standards..
We sell products throughout the entire territory of the Russian Federation and to many other countries. Thus, a significant portion of Orsk oil products are sold on the domestic market, completely covering the needs of the Orenburg region. One portion is traded on the St. Petersburg stock exchange, and another is exported. Orsknefteorgsintez products are popular all over the world. Oil products are delivered to neighboring countries: Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan. The major portion of oil products are delivered to foreign countries - Italy, the Netherlands, Turkey, Malta - via ports: Novorossiysk and Kavkaz; and stations: Grushevaya and Vyshesteblievskaya. Products are shipped by different logistical means.
|Refining of crude oil, 1 million tons||4,74||4,75||4,79|
|Petroleum product output, 1 million tons||4,5||4,4||4,75|
|Gasolines (straight-run and automobile), 1 million tons||0,81||0,68||0,98|
|Diesel fuel, 1 million tons||1,6||1,9||2,23|
|Jet fuel, 1 million tons||0,03||0,01||0,21|
|Fuel oil and vacuum gasoil, 1 million tons||0,7||0,86||0,57|
|Lightoil products yield,%||58,3||60,44||72,37|
The Orsk oil refinery was constructed in 1935, receiving the first oil through the new oil pipeline, Caspian-Orsk, on December 24 - this date is considered the birthday of the plant. On January 6, 1936, the plant produced its first gasoline. During the first year, the refinery processed 152.8 thousand tons of oil.
In 1939, the plant was named after the Hero of the Soviet Union Valery Pavlovich Chkalov, a test pilot, by the resolution of the USSR government
In 1942 the first oil lots were received. During the war, the refinery increased its yield by 2.5 times, expanding the range by almost five times.
Every third ton of oil for Soviet military equipment was from Orsk. The Orsk Oil Refinery received the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st class for supplying the Soviet Army and Navy during the war.
Outstanding people worked at the plant, who received honorary titles: Vitalii Sorokin - Hero of the Soviet Union, Vasilii Netessanov - Hero of Socialist Labor, Alexey Turkin - Hero of Socialist Labor.
Viktor Chernomyrdin began his career here.
Over 2300 people work for the company. 38% of employees have higher education. Orsk Refinery was commissioned in 1935; it became a part of ForteInvest in 2011.
In 2020, Orsknefteorgsintez celebrates its 85th anniversary since its construction!
1935Сrude oil distillation unit commissioning
1939The refinery was named after V.P. Chkalov
1941-1945Plant employees worked round-the-clock to make products needed at the front
1947Gas fractionation unit was built
1954CDU/VDU-3, a crude oil distillation unit, became active
1961CDU/VDU-5, a crude oil distillation unit, became active
1967Catalytic reformer and Gasoline rectification unit, became active
1968CDU/VDU-5, a crude oil distillation unit, was commissioned
1972Catalytic reformer and bitumen production was begun
1982Special fuel production unit was begun
1995Diesel fuel hydrotreating unit and sulfur production unit were commissioned
2012-2013The reconstruction of the Hydrotreating unit was completed which allowed the enterprise to start production of Euro-5 class diesel fuel
2014Isomerization unit was commissioned
2015Visbreaking unit activated
2016Construction of Hydrogen production unit completed
2018Hydrocracking complex was commissioned, which includes a Vacuum gasoil hydrocracking unit, Hydrogen production and the First stage of Sulfur production with a Granulation unit
2019Residual oil vacuum distillation and the Second process line for the Sulfur production unit were commissioned